Title insurance provides buyers of residential and commercial real estate with protection against losses from such issues as forgery, fraud and liens and other potential problems that could limit an owner’s use of the property or call into question its legal ownership.
Guardian Settlement Agents provides quick, cost-effective and responsive title insurance coverage including underwriting, closing, and recording, along with the preparation of any necessary endorsements.
The cost of a title insurance policy varies, depending mainly on the value of your real estate. You only pay once and the coverage continues for so long as you have an interest in the covered property.
- Standard title insurance coverage provides protection against such risks as
- Deed not properly recorded,
- Erroneous or inadequate legal descriptions,
- Lack of a right of access,
- An undisclosed, but legally recorded, prior mortgage or lien against the property,
- An undisclosed, but legally recorded, easement or use restriction,
- Document forgery and impersonation and
- Claims of a lack of competency or diminished capacity against a party in the transaction
As with any insurance contract, there are standard exceptions, exclusions and conditions that can limit or narrow the coverage afforded by the policy.